Alex and Erica were married last week at Duncan Estate in Spartanburg. They have been a couple for a while and you could just feel all the familiarity and "knowingness" between them in each moment of their day. Their playfulness and kindness will carry them far as husband and wife and I was so honored to document such a landmark day!
Some of my favorite things about their wedding were:
- Erica's dress details. I ADORE the beautiful patterns, neckline, and sleeves. Fall wedding perfection!
- Alex had one of the very best and sweetest first look reactions I have ever photographed. He was just captivated by his bride and it was a joy to watch.
- Duncan Estate totally showed out for Erica in all the ways. Between the soft window light and the couch she got to lay on in an otherwise empty room, she was the lady of the estate for the day, which was perfectly fitting!
- It threatened rain enough to break out my clear umbrellas for a minute and get some cute shots with those, and yet didn't rain at the ceremony. Best of both worlds!
- I even got to do a TINY bit of swing dancing at the reception. Not a bad way to cap off the evening. :)
Erica and Alex, I wish you a lifetime of bliss and I am so thankful you chose me to capture the start of it! Enjoy every moment!
She's a married woman now! Becky, it was such a joy getting to know you over the past few months. You are beautiful inside and out and the joy on your face today made my heart so happy. Happy honeymooning!!
Ian and Jessica's wedding last weekend at Songhill Reserve was all the things someone might hope for an intimate wedding with close family and friends. We even were blessed enough to have the rain hold off for their ceremony against the most stunning mountain backdrop! (Can you believe up until about 30 min before the wedding we still weren't sure if we would have to move to a covered location or not? By ceremony time it was blue skies!!)
Some of my favorite things from their wedding were:
- Ian's sister was one of his groomspeople and she wore the coolest gray romper (with pockets!) to match the guys. I loved it and they were so fun to be around!
- They are board game people!! (As are we, so we got to talk games. :) #proudnerd)
- When you have a dog and bring the dog (or animal!) I LOVE it!
- Both parents walked both Ian and Jessica down the aisle which made for such a sweet moment and symbolism.
- Their rings! Jessica's is a garnet, which is Ian's birthstone and Ian's ring has amethyst which is Jessica's birthstone. <3 Their rings would have always reminded them of each other anyway, but now it has even most distinct symbolism that they can tell people about for the rest of their lives.
Ian and Jessica, thank you for welcoming me into your wedding day. I hope it was perfect and that these photos bring you joy for years to come!
I have all the heart eyes for...literally everything about Alex and Ryan's wedding! Alex and Ryan were from all outside appearances perfectly calm, yet giddy excited to see their day come together. Some of my favorite details of the day included:
- Wedding cape. Yes. Cape. Need I say more? I squealed a little when I saw it! And it was infinitely stunning!
- I love working at Avenue. So bright and airy--plus killer rooftop views as well as lobby and outdoor portrait locations. It is so easy to find the pretty light there!
- Alex and Ryan's first dance song was so sweet and authentic. (And totally resonated with me!): Cheap Date by Caitlyn Smith
- Alex's dad's surprise nod to Ryan's fav Gamecocks during his toast. :)
Seeing a couple excited not just for the wedding day (which is certainly excitement worthy), but also for marriage makes me so happy. Alex and Ryan, wishing you so many blessings on your marriage and all the beautiful years to come!
A huge bravo to all the amazing vendors who came together for this awesome day! They were all fantastic and I hope to work with you all again soon!
Venue: Avenue Greenville
Videography: Katie Leigh Media
Hair Styles: Carolina Style Hair Salon
Makeup: Summer Maner
Florals and table decor: the brides mom and grandmother!!
Planning and Coordination: Love This Little City Event Coordinating
DJ: Uptown Entertainment
Cake: Holly's Cakes
Ceremony backdrop: Optrics
Will and Heather: high school (and camp!) sweethearts, long distance for a while, a legacy of writing letters, and finally MARRIED! Their day was equal parts elegant, uniquely personalized, and fun!
Some of my favorite parts of their wedding were:
- their florals: I adored the succulents and wire/metal detail that seamlessly tied in to the venue and feel of the day
- the personalized details: Heather's mom adjusted all the beading on her gown, added some color detail at the bottom, and some mermaid (!!) lace detail at the bustle that was discreet and yet perfection! The wine Heather & Will drank at the reception was from the winery where they got engaged. The bridesmaids had personalized charms and part of the MOB's wedding dress adorning the hangers.
- Will taking a minute to address the crowd in the ceremony!
- The awesomely choreographed and fun father/daughter dance!
Will and Heather, it was such a pleasure. Thank you so much for trusting me with your wedding day. It was such a treat to witness and document the start of your lives together!
Esther and Connor got married on one of the most fall-like July days in memory. All day we just kept commenting that we COULDN'T BELIEVE the weather and how blissfully cool it was. The weather was not the only thing that was perfect--their whole day was full of beauty.
Some of my favorite things about their wedding day were:
- Everything about Esther's look. The long train and long veil, gorgeous headpiece, stunning jewelry...it all photographed so beautifully and it looked like she stepped straight out of a Disney princess movie!
- Connor's infectious laugh and carefree attitude. No one within 100 feet around Connor could keep from smiling!
- Esther's dad pulled me aside before he did a first look with Esther because he didn't really know what a first look was all about, but knew it was important to his little girl. So, he wanted to be sure it was everything she was hoping for. It was small, but tender moments and thoughts like this (not just between bride and groom, but among family also) are so precious!
- Sunset photos!Most of the day had been overcast (which had helped the temperature for sure), but then the sun came out and also showed off for some great evening shots. I love when we can take a few minutes away from a busy reception to give bride and groom some breathing room to enjoy just each other before hitting the dance floor again.
Esther and Connor, thank you so much for trusting me with documenting your wedding day. It was a pleasure and I can't wait send over your full gallery shortly!
Bravo to all the awesome vendors who made this day possible:
Venue: Meadow Creek Farms
Hair: Amanda Langley
Makeup: Makeup by Percida
Flowers: Flowers Etc. of York
Ah, MJ and Mitch, what can I say? Your wedding was so FUN! We started planning over a year ago and seeing it all come together from so many vendors, and with friends and family from all over was so special!
Some of my fav moments were:
- The special canine visitor to MJ's hotel room while the wedding party was getting ready
- MJ's whole look really! Including that long veil!
- Getting to capture some rooftop newlywed cuddles on top of The Westin
- Mitch dancing with his grandmother
- Mitch and MJ rocking out with the (super awesome) band
- Fresh Chick-Fil-A sandwiches as their parting favor
It was one that will live for a long time in my memory and it was such an honor to capture these moment for you for a lifetime. :) Happy honeymooning!!
Now that MJ and Mitch tied the knot this past weekend, I can finally share her bridal portraits. YAAAAYYYYY! We had a great time hanging at the Westin downtown (with her lovely maid of honor, LC) and getting some beautiful shots in before her wedding. Bridal sessions are a great way to get a big portion of your wedding day photos finished before the wedding day, and take advantage of having your hair and makeup trial!
MJ, you are such a gorgeous bride!! <3
I pulled up to the venue and was met by a neatly manicured field of lilies. And I knew it was going to be a good day!
Laura and Andrew's Smoky Mountain wedding had all the charm and joy one would expect of an idyllic summer day in the mountains! My favorite parts of the day were watching Andrew see his Bride walking to him (and the big bear hug at the front from her dad), Laura's lightheartedness all day, and seeing their families have SO MUCH FUN celebrating and dancing together!
Andrew and Laura, thank you again so much for trusting me with your wedding day. It was spectacular as are the two of you!
Ah, where to start??
Last fall I was walking to a couple back to back sessions downtown. As I was walking into the park, I saw this sweet couple getting engaged. They were just so precious and you could hear the cheers of their friends who had gathered around to celebrate with them. They were still hanging out when my second session called saying they were running late, so I asked if they wanted to do a few impromptu engagement photos. I went home that night giddy that such a fun opportunity came up, never dreaming that I would get to capture their wedding.
I believe God is always working, often in ways we can't readily see in the moment. It is a rare gift to be able to feel and see Him moving in the moment, and to see so quickly how things were meant to be. But this was the case with Caitlin and Bradley. Not only are you full of Christ's light and love in yourselves, but God used you in this small set of orchestrated circumstances to encourage me that He is always near.
The breathtaking venue, wildflowers, lace, surprise pup appearances, sweetest friends and family, and of course beautiful & adoring couple...it was really so perfect! Bradley and Caitlin, I wish you all the best and know that the world will be better because you guys are together in it!
It was a perfect day! Shout out to the amazing vendors who made the day beautiful, delicious, fun, and run smoothly:
Venue: The Side Porch (https://www.facebook.com/thesideporchTN/)
Catering: Red Meze Cafe (https://www.facebook.com/RedMezeCafe/)
Dress: Wildflower Bridal (https://www.wildflowerbridal.com/)
Cake: Marcel Goforthe
Invitation suite: Lindsay Howell
DJ: Premier Party Machine (https://www.facebook.com/PremierPartyMachine/)
Ceremony chair rental: Southern Knot Rental (http://www.southernknotweddingrentals.com/)
Flowers: Susan Liles Boutique Floral Design (https://www.susanlilesfloral.com/)
**While my new website is under construction, the best way to see my work is here on the blog. Filter by category below. All weddings have been blogged, but for other types of shoots, the best place to see my most recent work is on my instagram and facebook pages!