I first met Tiffany (along with a couple of her sisters!) over coffee more than a year ago. She was newly engaged and so very on top of things planning-wise. I was so impressed! Her eyes just lit up talking about Travis, and I could see why when we did their engagement session. They are just so giddy in love and it was so fun to be with them!
Earlier this year, my husband and I found out we were expecting our second daughter on December 1st. We of course were so excited, and one of the first priorities for me was to make sure Travis and Tiffany were taken good care of since their wedding was so soon after little girl's birthday.) We talked and worked it out that my friend Jill with Lainey Bug Photography would be present to shoot their wedding day, and then I would edit and deliver it. (Shout out to Jill for being a great friend and for serving these guys so well on their wedding day. Thank you so much!) So that is just what happened!
Jill filled me in on their awesome day and shared some sweet unique facets of their day:
- Travis's dad was their officiant and mentioned that Tiffany was the only girl Travis had ever brought home to meet the family, so they knew from the start that she was special. And the whole family had since come to love her also!
- Tiffany and Travis wrote their own vows--each of which were tear-worthy!
- Their first look. Talk about a man overcome by his bride! Travis just could not stop telling Tiffany how beautiful she was, and that he had never seen anyone more gorgeous than her in that moment.
Three cheers for the newlyweds! Many blessings, Tiffany & Travis!
Guys! This was my last wedding before baby girl #2 arrives and it couldn't have been a better way to close out my shooting season. Awesome venue, beautiful details, and above all, the sweetest couple! As usual, here are some of my favorite details from their day:
- See below....Dani's SHOES!!!!! Golden Keds goodness!
- The venue! Southern Bleachery has a great mix of great outdoor space and a beautiful inside. (gotta love some white painted brick and natural light!)
- The first look/walking down the aisle. This was the perfect example of how doing a first look can be so meaningful but also does not rob the emotion from the groom seeing his bride come up the aisle. Best of both worlds!
- I adore photographing long veils. I get a little giddy thinking about those veil shots and Dani's was perfect! And to make it even better, it was HANDMADE by a family friend. Oh my goodness.
- Some of the meaningful songs of the day (coming up the aisle, first dance, etc) came from The Greatest Showman. These are my people!
- The dessert spread was to die for. I remember meeting Dani and her saying that the desserts were crucial to her. Look below. She did it right, yall!
Dani and Ulises, working with you was a joy start to finish! Thank you for trusting me with your wedding day and I wish you all so much bliss and goodness as you start your marriage!
From the first time I met Kaylee and Austin (and we bonded over a delicious nitro latte coffee!), I knew shooting their wedding would be a blast! Not only was it fun, but it was oh so gorgeous also! Some of my favorite things from their wedding were:
- Austin's ring. Kaylee had her finger print engraved on it. Oh my--how precious!
- Kaylee's red Converses!! Enough said!
- Their gorgeous views and perfect fall color at Caitlyn's Farm that day!
- Austin's grandfather officiated their wedding, which was such a sweet and tender way to start their own family of 2!
Kaylee and Austin, Nov. 3rd was a perfect beginning to a beautiful life together. Many congratulations!
I've been sitting on these pretty farm bridal portraits and now I can finally put them out into the world now that Kaylee is Mrs. Solesbee!! Stay tuned for more of her wedding, but in the mean time, here's the radiant bride!!
I have been waiting patiently (or maybe not so patiently...) for those fall colors to arrive, and they finally did just in time for Madeline & Nick's beautiful wedding at Green Valley Country Club this past weekend!
From the time they locked eyes at their first look, Madeline & Nick just settled in to their wedding day, and it was heart-warming to see them join with friends and family to start their marriage. Some of my favorite moments of the day were:
- Their first look. This time is almost always a favorite because it helps relax the couple to see each other before the wedding and lets them actually talk. When you see each other first at the ceremony (which is not a problem! I have lots of couples who don't do first looks for different reasons), you can't just stop your ceremony to talk and process with your love. With a first look, you can, and it can help so much!
- Her dress. Just look at it. Fit for a queen!
- Mid-reception, Madeline rushed over saying, "Have you SEEN the moon?!?!" I hadn't but it was lovely! So I took them outside for a quick shot and just told them to have a little solo slow dance by themselves outside the bustle of the dancing. Having a sweet moment to yourselves can be precious and just what you need in the middle of your reception!
Madeline and Nick, many blessings on your marriage and thank you so much for letting me spend the day with you!
"Who could this be calling me from middle TN?" was my first thought when Angela called me the first time to inquire about her wedding photography. I am from TN and recognized the area code. Angela and Bruce live in the Nashville area but came to Table Rock State Park for their beautiful mountain wedding. They were so full of joy and really relished the day and it was beautiful to watch!
Some favorites from their wedding were:
- The views. Duh! Table Rock was the perfect backdrop for them!
- The flowers!! I could not get over Angela's bouquet all day. The fall colors were perfect and I don't even know what those tendril things are called, but they are so gorgeous!
- Angela's veil. (Long veils are so fun to photograph.)
- That little flower girls was a bundle of smiles and I adored when Bruce picked her up at the reception and silly danced with her!
Angela and Bruce, here's to a blissful life ahead! <3
Spartanburg, home of the Terriers and my alma mater, will always hold a special place in my heart. I loved doing Gayathri's bridal portraits at Wofford and then her wedding was right down the street at the Marriott which also brought back sweet memories.
And now this wedding will be among the sweet Spartanburg memories too. Gayathri & Demarcus were married with all the glitz and heart that rings true to their relationship. My favorite things from their day included:
- The bouquets. They were made from brooches and other sparkly pins and were the perfect thing to add that extra glimmer!
- The camaraderie and support from the wedding party. When Hayes and I got married, we had a big wedding party too and there is something just so special about being surrounded and cheered on my so many people you love!
- Also like my wedding, they had a breakfast for dinner option!!! Rejoice! Brinner for the win!
- Amid the hustle and bustle of the day, the way Demarcus and Gayathri were able to slow down and just enjoy each other for a little while before the ceremony set the tone for the rest of the day. It was so peaceful to watch them relax into the day once they saw each other.
Gayathri & Demarcus, it was a pleasure! Happy honeymooning and I hope to see you all again soon!
There's a new Mrs. in town!
Gayathri & Demarcus were married last night and I cannot wait to share some sneak peeks from their day. But first, here is Mrs. Kelly in all her glory! I loved getting her bridal photos done a couple months ago and am so happy to be able to share them now!! Gayathri, you were and ARE a beautiful bride!
Kaley and Derek are some of our friends from ultimate frisbee. And to be clear, I am a big frisbee fan, but have never played. So maybe reality would say that they are some of my husband's frisbee friends...but in my heart frisbee friends are my friends too! So there you have it! OUR friends Kaley and Derek are awesome and are expecting their first (a girl!) in later this fall! I was so excited that they wanted to do their session in the sunflowers, especially after hearing that their wedding flowers were also sunflowers. Sunset was the perfect time of day and the icing on the cake? Barley, their sweet pup! She's gonna be a great big sister! I can't wait to meet that baby girl!!
I've been so excited about this wedding since I first met with Becky over a yummy cup of coffee this past January. I quickly felt so at ease with Becky and knew when she booked that her wedding day would be peaceful and focused on the aspects that mattered most. It was precisely that.
Some of my favorite things about Jeff and Becky's wedding were:
- Jeff and Becky got married at St. Mary's Catholic Church in downtown Greenville and she had told me head of time what a soft spot she has for stained glass. And their church was beautifully filled with it, which gave it both a sacred and regal flair. <3
- They served PIE at their reception instead of cake. I love when couples choose details of their day that best suit them and the pies at their reception were perfection!
- The wedding ceremony was in the morning (11am) which meant that we got to have a somewhat atypical wedding day schedule. The best part of it? We got to save the bride & groom portraits for after they left the reception. It was awesome to have all the pressure off, not be rushed, and to take as much time as we wanted for beautiful portraits of the new Mr. and Mrs. in downtown Greenville!
Becky and Jeff, it was such an honor to not only witness your wedding but to get to document it for you (and your family) to enjoy and look back on for years. It was lovely as are the two of you!
Shoutout to the amazing group of vendors:
Venues: St. Mary's Catholic Church
The Upper Room
Planning and Coordination: Lovely Ever Afters
Florals: Willow Florals
Catering: Good Life Catering
Music: Dj Illusion Ray Complete Greenville
**While my new website is under construction, the best way to see my work is here on the blog. Filter by category below. All weddings have been blogged, but for other types of shoots, the best place to see my most recent work is on my instagram and facebook pages!