Ian and Jessica's wedding last weekend at Songhill Reserve was all the things someone might hope for an intimate wedding with close family and friends. We even were blessed enough to have the rain hold off for their ceremony against the most stunning mountain backdrop! (Can you believe up until about 30 min before the wedding we still weren't sure if we would have to move to a covered location or not? By ceremony time it was blue skies!!)
Some of my favorite things from their wedding were:
- Ian's sister was one of his groomspeople and she wore the coolest gray romper (with pockets!) to match the guys. I loved it and they were so fun to be around!
- They are board game people!! (As are we, so we got to talk games. :) #proudnerd)
- When you have a dog and bring the dog (or animal!) I LOVE it!
- Both parents walked both Ian and Jessica down the aisle which made for such a sweet moment and symbolism.
- Their rings! Jessica's is a garnet, which is Ian's birthstone and Ian's ring has amethyst which is Jessica's birthstone. <3 Their rings would have always reminded them of each other anyway, but now it has even most distinct symbolism that they can tell people about for the rest of their lives.
Ian and Jessica, thank you for welcoming me into your wedding day. I hope it was perfect and that these photos bring you joy for years to come!
I have all the heart eyes for...literally everything about Alex and Ryan's wedding! Alex and Ryan were from all outside appearances perfectly calm, yet giddy excited to see their day come together. Some of my favorite details of the day included:
- Wedding cape. Yes. Cape. Need I say more? I squealed a little when I saw it! And it was infinitely stunning!
- I love working at Avenue. So bright and airy--plus killer rooftop views as well as lobby and outdoor portrait locations. It is so easy to find the pretty light there!
- Alex and Ryan's first dance song was so sweet and authentic. (And totally resonated with me!): Cheap Date by Caitlyn Smith
- Alex's dad's surprise nod to Ryan's fav Gamecocks during his toast. :)
Seeing a couple excited not just for the wedding day (which is certainly excitement worthy), but also for marriage makes me so happy. Alex and Ryan, wishing you so many blessings on your marriage and all the beautiful years to come!
A huge bravo to all the amazing vendors who came together for this awesome day! They were all fantastic and I hope to work with you all again soon!
Venue: Avenue Greenville
Videography: Katie Leigh Media
Hair Styles: Carolina Style Hair Salon
Makeup: Summer Maner
Florals and table decor: the brides mom and grandmother!!
Planning and Coordination: Love This Little City Event Coordinating
DJ: Uptown Entertainment
Cake: Holly's Cakes
Ceremony backdrop: Optrics
Will and Heather: high school (and camp!) sweethearts, long distance for a while, a legacy of writing letters, and finally MARRIED! Their day was equal parts elegant, uniquely personalized, and fun!
Some of my favorite parts of their wedding were:
- their florals: I adored the succulents and wire/metal detail that seamlessly tied in to the venue and feel of the day
- the personalized details: Heather's mom adjusted all the beading on her gown, added some color detail at the bottom, and some mermaid (!!) lace detail at the bustle that was discreet and yet perfection! The wine Heather & Will drank at the reception was from the winery where they got engaged. The bridesmaids had personalized charms and part of the MOB's wedding dress adorning the hangers.
- Will taking a minute to address the crowd in the ceremony!
- The awesomely choreographed and fun father/daughter dance!
Will and Heather, it was such a pleasure. Thank you so much for trusting me with your wedding day. It was such a treat to witness and document the start of your lives together!
**While my new website is under construction, the best way to see my work is here on the blog. Filter by category below. All weddings have been blogged, but for other types of shoots, the best place to see my most recent work is on my instagram and facebook pages!