I have been waiting patiently (or maybe not so patiently...) for those fall colors to arrive, and they finally did just in time for Madeline & Nick's beautiful wedding at Green Valley Country Club this past weekend!
From the time they locked eyes at their first look, Madeline & Nick just settled in to their wedding day, and it was heart-warming to see them join with friends and family to start their marriage. Some of my favorite moments of the day were:
- Their first look. This time is almost always a favorite because it helps relax the couple to see each other before the wedding and lets them actually talk. When you see each other first at the ceremony (which is not a problem! I have lots of couples who don't do first looks for different reasons), you can't just stop your ceremony to talk and process with your love. With a first look, you can, and it can help so much!
- Her dress. Just look at it. Fit for a queen!
- Mid-reception, Madeline rushed over saying, "Have you SEEN the moon?!?!" I hadn't but it was lovely! So I took them outside for a quick shot and just told them to have a little solo slow dance by themselves outside the bustle of the dancing. Having a sweet moment to yourselves can be precious and just what you need in the middle of your reception!
Madeline and Nick, many blessings on your marriage and thank you so much for letting me spend the day with you!
"Who could this be calling me from middle TN?" was my first thought when Angela called me the first time to inquire about her wedding photography. I am from TN and recognized the area code. Angela and Bruce live in the Nashville area but came to Table Rock State Park for their beautiful mountain wedding. They were so full of joy and really relished the day and it was beautiful to watch!
Some favorites from their wedding were:
- The views. Duh! Table Rock was the perfect backdrop for them!
- The flowers!! I could not get over Angela's bouquet all day. The fall colors were perfect and I don't even know what those tendril things are called, but they are so gorgeous!
- Angela's veil. (Long veils are so fun to photograph.)
- That little flower girls was a bundle of smiles and I adored when Bruce picked her up at the reception and silly danced with her!
Angela and Bruce, here's to a blissful life ahead! <3
Spartanburg, home of the Terriers and my alma mater, will always hold a special place in my heart. I loved doing Gayathri's bridal portraits at Wofford and then her wedding was right down the street at the Marriott which also brought back sweet memories.
And now this wedding will be among the sweet Spartanburg memories too. Gayathri & Demarcus were married with all the glitz and heart that rings true to their relationship. My favorite things from their day included:
- The bouquets. They were made from brooches and other sparkly pins and were the perfect thing to add that extra glimmer!
- The camaraderie and support from the wedding party. When Hayes and I got married, we had a big wedding party too and there is something just so special about being surrounded and cheered on my so many people you love!
- Also like my wedding, they had a breakfast for dinner option!!! Rejoice! Brinner for the win!
- Amid the hustle and bustle of the day, the way Demarcus and Gayathri were able to slow down and just enjoy each other for a little while before the ceremony set the tone for the rest of the day. It was so peaceful to watch them relax into the day once they saw each other.
Gayathri & Demarcus, it was a pleasure! Happy honeymooning and I hope to see you all again soon!