There's a new Mrs. in town!
Gayathri & Demarcus were married last night and I cannot wait to share some sneak peeks from their day. But first, here is Mrs. Kelly in all her glory! I loved getting her bridal photos done a couple months ago and am so happy to be able to share them now!! Gayathri, you were and ARE a beautiful bride!
Kaley and Derek are some of our friends from ultimate frisbee. And to be clear, I am a big frisbee fan, but have never played. So maybe reality would say that they are some of my husband's frisbee friends...but in my heart frisbee friends are my friends too! So there you have it! OUR friends Kaley and Derek are awesome and are expecting their first (a girl!) in later this fall! I was so excited that they wanted to do their session in the sunflowers, especially after hearing that their wedding flowers were also sunflowers. Sunset was the perfect time of day and the icing on the cake? Barley, their sweet pup! She's gonna be a great big sister! I can't wait to meet that baby girl!!
I've been so excited about this wedding since I first met with Becky over a yummy cup of coffee this past January. I quickly felt so at ease with Becky and knew when she booked that her wedding day would be peaceful and focused on the aspects that mattered most. It was precisely that.
Some of my favorite things about Jeff and Becky's wedding were:
- Jeff and Becky got married at St. Mary's Catholic Church in downtown Greenville and she had told me head of time what a soft spot she has for stained glass. And their church was beautifully filled with it, which gave it both a sacred and regal flair. <3
- They served PIE at their reception instead of cake. I love when couples choose details of their day that best suit them and the pies at their reception were perfection!
- The wedding ceremony was in the morning (11am) which meant that we got to have a somewhat atypical wedding day schedule. The best part of it? We got to save the bride & groom portraits for after they left the reception. It was awesome to have all the pressure off, not be rushed, and to take as much time as we wanted for beautiful portraits of the new Mr. and Mrs. in downtown Greenville!
Becky and Jeff, it was such an honor to not only witness your wedding but to get to document it for you (and your family) to enjoy and look back on for years. It was lovely as are the two of you!
Shoutout to the amazing group of vendors:
Venues: St. Mary's Catholic Church
The Upper Room
Planning and Coordination: Lovely Ever Afters
Florals: Willow Florals
Catering: Good Life Catering
Music: Dj Illusion Ray Complete Greenville
Alex and Erica were married last week at Duncan Estate in Spartanburg. They have been a couple for a while and you could just feel all the familiarity and "knowingness" between them in each moment of their day. Their playfulness and kindness will carry them far as husband and wife and I was so honored to document such a landmark day!
Some of my favorite things about their wedding were:
- Erica's dress details. I ADORE the beautiful patterns, neckline, and sleeves. Fall wedding perfection!
- Alex had one of the very best and sweetest first look reactions I have ever photographed. He was just captivated by his bride and it was a joy to watch.
- Duncan Estate totally showed out for Erica in all the ways. Between the soft window light and the couch she got to lay on in an otherwise empty room, she was the lady of the estate for the day, which was perfectly fitting!
- It threatened rain enough to break out my clear umbrellas for a minute and get some cute shots with those, and yet didn't rain at the ceremony. Best of both worlds!
- I even got to do a TINY bit of swing dancing at the reception. Not a bad way to cap off the evening. :)
Erica and Alex, I wish you a lifetime of bliss and I am so thankful you chose me to capture the start of it! Enjoy every moment!